Steps to Purchase a Permit
- 1. Select your License(s) you want to purchase and add them to the shopping cart.
- 2. Give us some information about yourself: We need billing information for payment and Permit Holder information for generating the actual permit. Please note that you can purchase permits for only one permit holder at a time. (Example: to purchase permits for two different permit holders you must compete two separate payment transactions.)
- 3. Checkout: Payments are processed by PayPal. A PayPal Account is optional and you may also pay via Credit or Debit card. Just provide your credit card and billing information. *Please note once the transaction is completed, the items purchased cannot be cancelled. All transactions are secure and we do not maintain your credit card information.
- 4. Check Your Email: Your permit should arrive within 5-10 minutes of purchase. The permit will be emailed to the Permit Holder's email address that was entered during checkout. It will be an attachment on the email and can be opened using Adobe Reader which is a free application that can be downloaded at http://get.adobe.com/reader/
- 5. Print Your License(s): Fishing licenses can be printed on your home printer. Once you have printed the permit remember it is not valid unless signed. If you have any questions you may contact us by using the “Contact Us” tab on the website. Happy fishing!
What To Do If Your Permit Does Not Arrive Via Email!
- 1. Permits are emailed within 5-10 minutes to the Permit Holder's email address that was entered during checkout.
- 2. If your permit does not arrive within 10 minutes please check your email spam folder to be sure it was not caught. The email will be sent from firstname.lastname@example.org .
- 3. When you make your purchase, you will receive a confirmation number which identifies your purchase transaction. You will also receive an email notification of your purchase. Please use the "Contact Us" webpage to notify us of your issue. Please include your confirmation number and we will contact you within 24-48 hours, Monday-Friday 8AM-4:30PM. Please note responses may take longer during weekends and holidays.
Q1: What does a Fishing Permit From the Nez Perce Tribe entitle me to do?
The Nez Perce Tribe fishing permit allows non-Indians (non-Nez Perce Tribe Indians) to fish the Clearwater River within the 1863 Nez Perce Reservation. To fish these waters, non-Indians must possess a fishing permit issued by the Tribe, or a fishing license and permit issued by Idaho Fish & Game.
Q2: Do I need an Idaho Fish & Game fishing license in addition to my Nez Perce Tribe Fishing permit in order to fish the Clearwater River within the Nez Perce Reservation?
No. If you possess a Nez Perce Tribe fishing permit for the Clearwater River within the Nez Perce Reservation, you do not need an Idaho Fish & Game fishing license and permit.
Q3: Does the Nez Perce Tribe Fishing Permit Website offer both Idaho Resident and Non-Resident Fishing Licenses?
Yes, both residents and nonresidents of the State of Idaho can use this site to purchase Chinook, Steelhead and Trout Pond permits for use on the Nez Perce Tribe Reservation.
Q4: Do I need to purchase a 2-Pole permit when fishing on the reservation with a Nez Perce Tribe Fishing permit?
2-Pole permits are included at no additional charge in the purchase price of a Nez Perce Tribe Chinook or Steelhead permit.
Q5: Is there a fee involved for completing purchases online?
Yes, the fee for completing a purchase via the Nez Perce Tribe Fishing Permit website is $1.95 convenience fee plus 3% of the total transaction. If you prefer to purchase your Permit(s) in person, please refer to the Vendors tab for complete list of locations.
Q6: Do I need a printer to purchase a Nez Perce Tribe Fishing permit?
Yes, after the purchase is completed you will receive your permit via email for immediate use within the confines of the season rules and regulations. Make sure your printer is on and working properly BEFORE clicking on the print button. Also ensure that you have Adobe Reader software loaded on your computer prior to purchase. You can download the free software by clicking on the “Get Adobe Reader” button in the shopping cart area of the website.
Q7: Is the Nez Perce Tribe Fishing Permit website secure for credit card purchases?
Yes, when a user purchases a License over the Internet, the browser and the server enter a secure connection through SSL (Secure Socket Layer). Throughout the entire process, all entered data, not only the credit card information, but also all the personal information, as well as all License items selected for purchasing are encrypted (128 bits, depending on the browser). We do not store your credit card information and will never sell your personal information.
Q8: What type of payment does the Nez Perce Tribe Fishing Permit website accept?
The Nez Perce Tribe Fishing Permit website accepts credit card payment as well as PayPal transactions. (Visa, MasterCard or Discover) The charge on your credit card bill appears as Nez Perce Tribe.
Q9: Will the Nez Perce Tribe Fishing Permit website sell my personal information?
No, we will not sell your personal information to an outside entity. If you so choose we will contact you as new licenses become available via the email address you provide during checkout.
Q10: Can I cancel my Internet purchase at any time?
You may cancel (exit) your Internet purchase at any time as long as you haven't clicked Purchase on the checkout screen. To cancel (exit) your purchase, click the Cancel button.
You may not cancel your purchase after you have completed the purchase transaction.
Q11: does the Nez Perce Tribe Fishing Permit website prompt me for my Social Security Number?
It is required that the permit holder provide verifiable form of identification. This can be provided using a Driver's License Number or Social Security Number in addition to a Date of Birth. This information is utilized by Enforcement Officers when spot checking fishing licenses onsite.
Q12: What if I refuse to provide my Social Security Number or Driver's License Number?
If you do not provide your Social Security Number or Driver's License Number in combination with your Date of Birth, the Nez Perce Tribe cannot issue you a Nez Perce Tribe Fishing Permit.
Q13: Do I have to provide my child's Social Security Number in order to purchase his/her Nez Perce Tribe Fishing License?
Yes, you must provide your child's social security number in order to make a purchase on his/her behalf. Children 14 and under may fish for free when accompanied by an adult with a valid fishing permit.
Q14: What is the Nez Perce Tribe Fishing Permit website policy for refunds?
Nez Perce Tribe Fishing permits are non-refundable. All purchases are final.
Q15: When Do Yearly Permits go on Sale?
Purchase of a Nez Perce Tribe Fishing Permit can occur at any time. You will be given to option to choose when you want your fishing to start (for daily licenses) and that can be for the next year if desired. For example, 2015 permit can be purchased at any time in 2014.
Q16: Who can I contact for support?
Q17: What is the address for the Nez Perce Tribe?
The mailing address for general correspondence is:
Nez Perce Tribe Department of Fisheries Resources Management
Online Sales Department/Enforcement
P.O. Box 365
Lapwai, Idaho 83540